31 December 2017

End of 2017 and a Crazy Idea for 2018

Well, as 2018 will be a milestone year for me and, seeing as I am drowning in started projects, I want to see if I can finish a lot of them in this year.  (I was going to write the number...but am back-pedalling already!)

In theory I will have more time than before.  The amazing school at which I worked part-time for 10 years in accounts has been acquired by a larger and growing school group and they, sensibly, have centralised accounting.  There may have been a position for me had I been interested but it would probably be a full-time commitment.  I have mixed feelings, sad to eventually no longer be formally involved, but happy for the school, and I am sure I will find excuses to visit.  Still have the other day job, but will have more quilting time!

Some projects are fairly close to being finished, and I am sure to start more, and I have an even bigger pile of unstarted projects (mostly just on scraps of paper as I think of them!)  I think it will be self-defeating to commit to finish one a week, so will work on groups of them in relays...all will have some progress at least.

I was going to list the projects with pictures, progress, next steps, etc, but think I might be embarrassed by the list.  If I find some time I'll add it in a separate tab.

First, the results of recent holiday sewing.  These are left over blocks from a quilt group mystery we did earlier this year.  I wanted to clear the design wall and not have another pile of orphan blocks.  It might be used on the back of this project.  The other 192 blocks are carefully clipped together in sets waiting for the urge to sew them.  This mystery used a new-to-me way of making the half-square triangles, and I used it again in the mystery below!

Then these are all the blocks from Bonnie Hunter's mystery, eagerly awaiting the next part of instructions:

 Followed by all the bonus half-square triangles, pressed and dog-ears trimmed:

May you have a peaceful New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for visiting.