30 July 2018

Controlled scrappy blocks

After a hot trip to the UK, it was almost a pleasure to be back in sort-of wintery Cape Town.  I was very surprised to find in the UK that the mercury hovered around 30 degrees celcius almost every day, with only one day of drizzle.

Had lots of, but never enough, cuddles with grandson E - at nearly 5 months old now sporting his first tooth.   Maybe we get to see him again this year...his passport is in hand!

Red with maroon was July's colour of the month. Stitched up all my previously trimmed red pieces.   And these were the controlled scrappy blocks, starting with red centres:

Six trees for the Block Lotto:


On one of my lists in the past 10 weeks an instruction read,"En Provence - 2nd corner".  Hauled it out and put on wall, struggled a bit with the orientation as I realised that I hadn't even completed the first corner!  First corner, now almost complete, well at least all the pieces are there.  I have turned the blocks on point so have to fill in with triangular shaped sections...but now I know where I'm headed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for visiting.