15 October 2012

Fynbos

Last weekend I managed to get to Riebeek Kasteel for the Good Hope Quilters' Guild Fynbos Quilt-In.  Took one one-day class to make a simple Pineapple Block.  Managed to finish 2 whole blocks on the day, went home and finished 13 more with another 18 at various stages.  Ran out of the the fabrics taken to the workshop, but have matched up some similar fabrics, and have cut out all the pieces needed for a total of 50 blocks.  Great fun.  Yes, yes, I know there should be pictures!  On the other day I laid up three small quilts ready for quilting.  Many of my medium-sized quilts are put together in a pillow-case type method, so no binding.  The next thing to do is finally complete the list of my WIPs (not UFOs!) - and perhaps put a date on when each was started!  My resolve is not to start any more new projects (except maybe the year-end mystery...) until more work done on the existing ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for visiting.