24 February 2013

Summer Sunday

It's been warm here in Cape Town today, almost a bit too hot to sew, but needed to get this month's Block Lotto blocks completed.  I had done all the string piecing and had all the other pieces cut out, but had to unpick the first one, so that was holding up the finish.  The rules for this month were 6 x 9 inch blocks with "low volume" fabrics in both the string piecing and the backgrounds.  I am glad to see my first contribution arrived from January - but can't tell which are mine!  T is still playing on the side lines, she made two blocks in red and white.  Do hope our postal strike will be over by the time they need to be posted.  Same applies to the envelope sent yesterday! Someone had better watch her post box next week!

9 blocks for Feb Block lotto
I've appliqued the propellers onto these 6" blocks for Just Take 2.

1 comment:

  1. I love those hearts. I've been tempted by all the low-volume quilts I've been seeing lately - I'll have to bookmark your hearts for a future project.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting.