09 December 2013

Celtic Solstice Part2

So, Bonnie releases part 2 of her latest mystery, and it calls for: the LARGE quilt cut: 488 2” X 3-1/2” green rectangles, 976 2” neutral squares, 976 2" yellow/gold squares, and I go, "gulp, OK... maybe I'll just watch, and not continue...".  Mulled over it for a bit,and thought if I don't cut ANY pieces out before the Monday morning link-up, I might never get to it.  So bit the bullet last night and after some thought, wondered if there might be a typo, so just cut enough squares to match the 488 rectangles, thinking that I can cut more later if needed.  Yay!  Didn't think to check yesterday, but Yes, others had picked up the typos, and there had already been a correction to the instructions:  only 488 of each of neutral and yellow squares needed (at this point anyway!!).  Haven't sewn any of them, that still awaits!

Yesterday also another Skype quilt lesson for my daughter in winter-bound Cardiff - this time reminding her of the finer points of laying up a quilt pillowcase method. She has no large table space in her flat, so it's laid out on the floor, and she props up her ipad on the floor so I can see what she's doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for visiting.