At the end of October Bonnie Hunter blogged the requirements for this year's Mystery Quilt - Celtic Solstice. I had been waiting in anticipation for it for ages, and although I liked the colours she was using, I thought I wanted to do them a little differently (trying to link South African flag and/or Welsh colours, as yes they are also Celts!), and after agonizing over it for the past month, finally wimped out and gave in to doing the colours suggested. The first part of the mystery was blogged on Friday, so if I was to make any headway, I really needed to pull out some fabrics. I had decided that I would use only fabrics from my collection.
The first part needs 3.5" strips of neutrals, oranges and blues. I picked out all the ones already cut, and some 3.5" squares plus any greens and yellows, and, because I just looked at my washed out print of the instructions, thought we were working with yellow (instead of orange), so went gaily ahead and cut more 3.5" strips of yellows... I do hope we get to use them! Thank goodness I hadn't sub-cut any of them. It means my yellows might be a bit scarce if we need larger pieces later on, too bad!!
Tomorrow I hope to cut some of the blues and neutrals to add to the strips. I like to include as many of each particular colour as I can straight away so that there is an even spread of the variety. I don't think I will get a chance to sew until Saturday. So this is how far I got tonight:
Now go over to the link-up on Bonnie's site and see what all the other passionate quilters are writing about their progress!