26 September 2015

...and another finish!

In the middle of packing up my mother's house earlier this year, my sister C asked if I could finish a quilt for a friend of hers.  The friend's mother had started it but had sadly died.  I said yes, took the shoe-box containing the sewn quarter and all the fabrics home, put it in my sewing room and with all the busy-ness forgot all about it.   One day a few months later I saw the shoe-box and had no recollection of it's origins!  Had to ask both of my nearby sisters to remind me!

Took all the bits away to a quilt retreat in May, and cut and stitched, and then finished the top at home.  And then took all the scraps to make fabric for the centre of the back.

Finally quilted and bound it on Sunday this week - delivered it to my sister C to give to her friend.  I do hope that she likes it, and it gives her happy memories.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for visiting.