I had seen references to Finish-A-Long in the past, and had thought it might be just the thing to encourage some finishes, but my timing was always a bit off, until today! I am joining in with the 2016 Finish-A-Long. In the first week of each quarter participants need to list already started projects that they think they might finish, hopefully by the end of the quarter (no penalties if you don't!). Then write a post when a quilt (or other hand-work) is quilted and bound - ie, fully finished! Link up at the start and the end, for a chance to win some amazing sponsored goodies. More information can be found at one of the volunteer organisers, Mrs Sew and Sow.
In my blog I have an draft page listing unfinished projects, dated 2012 - and, oh goodness me, I can almost copy and paste the entire thing, problem is I don't even recognise one or two of them! So, I ignored that, and instead trawled through the photos in my blog, and here goes, my incomplete UFO list, of which I would like at least the first three done and dusted:
1. Kaffe Fasset's class "Sunlight in the Forest" - needs a back, batting, quilting and binding.
2. Little Houses - my attempt at making a facing for this was unsatisfactory: remove facing, trim the awkward shapes and finish (either new facing or binding).
3. Top complete from Liberated Round Robin 2012. Quilt,etc
4. Teddy Bears. Quilt.etc
5. I have an incomplete Colourwash wall-hanging, think it is ready to quilt, but I don't have a photo - this is a finished smaller quilt made from the left-over squares as a reminder!
6. Split Triangles, was a leader/ender project - some blocks made, maybe enough for a small quilt.
7. Birds made for myself made from a Block Lotto block, think it needs another border, then quilt, etc.
8. to 15. All tops need quilting, etc: 16+. can't seem to get the pictures to be where I want them!!!
My lifetime project - deadline March 2018: