31 December 2016

A Year End Finish... well a top at least!

I think a week between posts is a good plan!   Let's see what the new year brings!

Managed to finish this quilt to, and although I normally veer away from light colours, the light sashing and borders make this work.  I am having fun piecing all the left over bits to make the back.  The fabrics were two specific ranges of fat quarters,so the bits left over are not very big.  I was going to use the narrow border green as the outside border, but my mother says she doesn't like green, so changed my mind!    After years of making long sashings and trying to align blocks (and avoiding blocks altogether because of this!), I've fallen in love with using cornerstones .. they just make it so simple to put together neatly.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for visiting.