02 February 2024

A little sewing

I have been busy with things other than sewing for the past couple of weeks.  Guild bookkeeping needed attention;  understanding new-to-me web-based accounting software for my sister's school, so I can remotely help with this;  keeping house very tidy for showing to prospective buyers (that's mostly keeping my sewing space tidy, which is not so conducive to the creative processes!)   And I needed a trip to doctor today as I couldn't quite put my finger on the problem (no pain, just slight discomfort and weirdly out of sorts), which turns out to be a very easily treatable UTI.

 I've prepared the first two borders for the Bonnie Hunter mystery, that is, cut, joined and pressed two long strips.   Also, have cut out one of the https://superscrappy.blogspot.com/ for February, and ready with the patterns for two more different blocks, probably a fourth one today.

 

 

We are running a block of the month at my monthly group (Creative Quilters).  We are about 40 ladies with 6 or 7 leaders who take turns in running the meetings, with assistance by all, in turn, providing amazing tea-time spreads.  

This was drafted by leader Candi.  We discovered that there numerous different colours of these support ribbons.  My choice was Burgundy, as it is the colour that represents multiple myeloma, because my brother-in-law is undergoing treatment for this incurable affliction.



 

 

 

 

 Another small Kawandi quilt finished. I think this was started in November and finished last week.

This is one of the very few hand projects that I do, and can be done on a Thursday evening at a small weekly group.

 

Top and back.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for visiting.