24 July 2022

Mid winter

I have had a finish, which is already in use on my sister's bed, it is Bonnie Hunter's 2021 Mystery, Rhododendron Trail.  My sister says they love it!

Earlier this year I decided that I would stitch up all the tiniest fabric pieces being stored, just randomly sewing, being guided by the pieces.  The scraps are stored by colour, so applying Angela's declared monthly colour at SoScrappy was a no-brainer.  When all the colours are tamed, then I will think about what to do with the "new fabric"... sometime next year!  I've managed to keep up each month!  I showed the reds in an earlier post, and here are the results of Dark and Bright Blues, Sage and Forest Greens, and Pinks.  There was Yellow, and Turquoise, but no pictures.  Still busy with July's Purples, which had the most scraps!



 
I was hoping to quilt at least one quilt a week...it's ending up more like one a month!  This was the Good Hope Quilters' Guild Mystery 2022, when on the frame.  Pattern by Diana Vandeyar, slightly adapted by myself.  It is finished, but no photo yet.

Today was the closing date for entries into the SA National Quilt Festival.   I am pleased that I managed to submit these four quilts, in the Display only section.   All need Hanging Sleeves and Labels...I have three weeks in hand.



And finally, a small update on the new house build.  One measly picture of the installation of the water connection to the main supply...done six weeks ago, but only to the boundary, and still no water meter!


2 comments:

  1. Lovely quilts for the festival, Karen! I can't wait to see what happens to the blue, green and pink scraps. Good luck with water connection. Building always seems to take ages and then suddenly its done.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting.