27 October 2023

Tidying up and Little Quilts

I love Patchwork and Quilting!

When I am working on a quilt project I like to keep all the fabrics for that project together, and sometimes that could be for weeks, months and even years!  The fabric choices are usually from my "finely curated collection" and many have waited a long time to get selected for use.  And, when a project reaches the point when I know no more fabric will be needed, the tidy up is very satisfying.  These are all the trimmed up leftovers from the Good Hope mystery, started 6 January this year.  (Two tops, backs and bindings waiting their turn to be quilted.)  The trimmings are strips of 3.5", 2.5", 2" and 1.5";  squares of 4.5", 3.5", 2.5", 2" and 1.5"; some strings and crumb pieces; various size wonky-ish pinwheel blocks from bonus half-square-triangles.  And, new to me, thanks to Cathy at https://saneandcrazy.blogspot.com/, some "nibbles" - ends of strips after cutting off squares from strips, here 2", 2.5" and 3.5".  If I really like them, pieces of fabric bigger than a quarter metre get put back into cupboard with similar coloured fabrics, just five pieces this time.

And with that tidying up out of the way I had some space and time to work on the Little Quilts of Love.  These are  made from donated fabrics, and are now all finished.

 
Once a month the co-ordinator of this project hosts a group of quilters at her home to cut,  press, trim, sew, finish, label (and have lunch).  Some fabrics are donations received, and others are sourced at local shops.  She and I cut 10 kits for others to sew...I came home with three of them!  One now finished, and the other two in progress:


Lastly, my monthly Quilt Group is doing a Block of the Month, these are October's, a 12" block.  The fabric selections are based on Rainbow Scrap Challenge's "light neutrals" for this month

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for visiting.