29 June 2024

Some progress on various projects

I'm finally finding more time to sew.  A long weekend away at the end of May on a quilt retreat meant that some projects got moved along.  First was this Good Hope Quilters' Guild mystery quilt.  I want to add another border but am short of the preferred fabric.  I ordered some locally but it wasn't quite right, and knowing we are to visit family in UK  (very soon now!), I hope that what I then ordered from there, and had delivered to my daughter, is the right fabric!  

 

At the same weekend I managed to sew up the pink RSC Hen and Chicken blocks for May, and 13 more of the 3-inch blocks for the 365 Quilt (only started in 2016!).

 
With such a good push on the 365 Quilt blocks, I've kept the fabrics out to continuing sewing up more - 14 so far, with another 11 cut out.  And the next border is added; it's at 66-inches square so far.  My aim is to finish (the top) this year.
 
 
A mosaic workshop was organised at my sister's school and this is what I produced.  Done that, a bit of fun, but don't think again for me.

 

As I am spending a little more time at this school a new quilt was needed for the sick bed, top done...just need that new frame assembled to finish it!   (What a blurry picture!)



And Audrey at Quiltyfolk.com announced the first part of Bramble Blooms ll.  The prompt was to take an element from BBl and creatre a central background.

And finally, the RSC Hen and Chicken blocks in blue for June, and all the blue scraps sewn up into made fabric (there is about half a meter of new fabric here!).

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. I love your 365 quilt! There's so much to see. Some of those blocks look really fiddly especially the dark blue ones in the border.
    The sick room quilt will cheer up anyone who's not feeling too good. The school is very fortunate!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting.